Landscape and Visual Context
Early analysis of landscape and visual constraints/opportunities has ensured that:’
- A suitable ‘development envelope’ has been identified
- Existing vegetation where possible is retained
- Vegetation to be replenished should losses occur
- Additional green infrastructure and open spaces are created on the site to complement the existing local landscape context.
Constraints and Opportunities
The following site constraints and opportunities have been identified.
- The topography, in particular the rising ground toward the centre of the site;
- The Public Footpath which crosses the site. This will be diverted or incorporated into the layout;
- The existing trees, vegetation and green boundaries surrounding the site, including the woodland block to the north; and
- The railway line along the eastern boundary of the site.
- The topography and vegetation to the west of the site contributes to the capacity of the site to accommodate development;
- Existing vegetation on the boundaries of the site, including trees and woodland, provide opportunities to enhance this; and
- A large separation of over 1km between the southern boundary of the site and Radley village.