Highways and Transport
The site is in a highly sustainable location, with good accessibility to local community facilities and services.
A number of bus stops are located close to the site on Kennington Road, with regular bus services between Oxford and Abingdon.
- There is a cycle route located to the north and west of the site linking the site to Oxford city centre to the north and Abingdon and Didcot to the south.
- Vehicle access to the site will be provided from Kennington Road via two new priority junctions.
- Traffic calming measures are proposed on Kennington Road at the two site access junctions.
- Informal pedestrian and cycle crossing points will be provided on Kennington Road at the site access junctions.
- A pedestrian and cycle link will be provided in the north east of the site connecting it to the existing cycle route.
- Along with the proposed traffic calming features on Kennington Road, improved access to existing public transport and local cycle infrastructure will form part of the development proposals.
- Redrow intends to extend the city bus route to the development, with one bus approximately every 30 minutes across the day.
- Additional cycle facilities are also proposed on Kennington Road, between the southern site access and Sugworth Lane.
- The intention is to create a 20mph environment within the site, encouraging pedestrian and cycle activity.